1. Switching requirements for normal operation.
2. Switching requirements during abnormal operations,
short circuits and overloads.
3. Degree of flexibility in operations, simplicity.
4. Freedom from total shutdown and permissible period of
5. Maintenance requirements, space for approaching various
6. Safety of personnel.
7. Protective zones, main protection, back-up protection
8. Bypass facilities.
9. Technical requirements such as ratings, clearances,
protection, Noise, radio interference,
10. Provision for extensions, space requirement.
11. Economic considerations, availability, foreign
exchange involvement, cost of the equipment.
12. Requirements of network monitoring, power line
communication, data collection, Data transmission etc.
13. Compatibility with ambient conditions.
14. Environmental aspects, audible noise, RI, TI etc.
15. Long service life, Quality, Reliability, and Aesthetics.